Anyone who knows us should know we have a love of service and especially at our local food bank! I’ve been working with our local church congregations’ Season of Service and making posters to get the word out and inspire others! The photos for these posters are copyrighted to a friend of mine but feel free to make your own versions! These were really great to share online with friends!! In addition to the finished posters I’m including several that are unfinished ideas, and some other puny ideas I’ve yet to get to paper.
For church we printed these as large posters, regular sized paper print-offs that were posted randomly around the church buildings and classrooms with new ones added each week, printed small versions to put onto bags handed out to neighbors, shared them on FB with a link to the main website or to a virtual drive on the food bank website, and included a QR code for those who wanted to donate quickly to the virtual fund. My emphasis was that EVERYONE can help.
If it’s One Can, One Dollar, One Minute (to ask a friend or share a link), or One Prayer
Anyone and everyone can help fight hunger!!
Like our ideas? Give us a High-five by donating to our Virtual Food drive!
$1 donated=$10 worth of food! (Click below!)
These are unfinished samples with photos from online. Again, just ideas so don’t use these directly.
Food Drive Puns not yet on Paper!!
(possibilities here are endless! please share with me if you have more to add!)
- (three jars of Thyme with center one labeled with food drive name) It’s that THYME again!!
- (pic of Home Storage or Preserves) Give what you CAN!!
- (using Hunger Games font & stacks of canned food) Hunger is No Game! Let’s Stack the Cans in their favor!
- (pic of cans sitting on a shelf – some sort of fish?) Now’s not the time to be SHELF-ish (shellfish) – Let’s clean out those pantries and get this food to someone who needs it today! (I need an extra pun in this one to counter the shelfish…any suggestions?)
- (can of soup with a cape) Be someone’s SOUP-er Hero!
- (boxes or piles of pasta) PASTA cans please! (or) Helping others get PASTA hunger (or) Get PASTA your reservations and show you’re STROGANOFF!! (or) Time to ROTINI your pantry items and donate some cans today! (or) Thank you FIORI your help!
- CEREAL PUNS - (boxes of cereal, or a bowl of Alpha-Bits (do those even exist anymore?) spelling Stop Hunger, or piles of cereal, etc.) Already donated cans? You know you can always be a CEREAL Giver!! Donate S’MORE(s) today! (or) We’re not doing this just for KIX! (or) (Box of LIFE cereal, lemons, and packs of Lemonade) When LIFE gives you LEMONS, help make LEMONADE! (or) (Bowl of Life cereal) Help others have LIFE, to it’s fullest (or) Something about Giving helps us all be CHEERIO (or) (Cap’n Crunch) It’s CRUNCH time!! Bring your donations today! (or) Giving today CHEX that off your list! (or) Being a CEREAL giver is DYNO-BITES!! (or) FIBER ONE – Hunger Zero (or) “HONEY-COMB through our pantry and find some cans to share.” (or) Make Hunger QUAKE in it’s boots… (or) (box of Total squishing the word hunger) TOTAL annihilation!
- (Box of Cream of Wheat w/a D over the C in cream) Help those who can only DREAM OF WHEAT.
- MISC FOOD PUNS – Service and You! A Perfect PEAR. (or) (someone donating bags of veggies – lettuce/tomatoes) Feeling good from my HEAD TOMATOES! (or) ORANGE you glad you helped? (or) Thank you BERRY much! (or) (bananas) Service is so apPEELing!! (or) Service – Giving it OLIVE you’ve got! (or) Food Drive? BEAN there, BUN that! (or) An APPLE a Day keeps Hunger Away! (or) Give today, CHERRY them up tomorrow! (TOMALE?) (or) (checklist with Food Drive on it) What’s on your HONEYDEW list? (or) LIME up to give! (or) Haven’t dropped off your donations yet? TAMALE will be too late! (or) Think hunger is no BIG DILL? Help those in a PICKLE by giving today! (or) If you think Hunger is NACHO problem then we need to TACO (or) RAISIN the bar (or) Tired of these CHEESY pun posters? Then do something GOUDA today! (or) Practice what you PEACH! (or) You CANNOLI do what you CAN so find your way to serve today! (or) Save the DATE! Our drop off time is next week! (or) Let the BEET drop – it’s time to JAM! (or) Don’t let them think we don’t CARROT all! (or) This Food Drive is on a ROLL! (or) MEATing Hunger at it’s source (or) (pic of flour egg & milk) BATTER UP – Let’s mix things up a little… (or) You did it! Time to CELE(ry)BRATE!! (or) (banana) Just FRU IT (or) Lemon-AID (or) (picture of random veggies and fruits) Not sure what to give? PICK any one of these! (or) Don’t just STALK hunger, e-RADISH-cate it! (or) Not helping to fight hunger is a huge MISSED STEAK! (or) (pic of lettuce in center) LETTUCE Eat! (or) (pic of someone donating rolls) How we ROLL! (or) Tired of these CORNY food drive posters? Help us cover their veg-TABLE with food! (or) I’ve got a GRAPE idea! Let’s help with the food drive! (or) PEAS on Earth, Good FOOD to man! (or) Let no MAN-GO hungry! (or woman or child!) (or) (watermelon & cauliflower) Need a boost to get out of your MELON CAULI? Join us in service! (Bag of chips going into a donation bin or bag) CHIP in!!
- (pic of a can of Turnips and 2 cans of Beets in a bowl of lettuce) LETTUCE TURNIP two BEET Hunger!
- (S.O.S. spelled with food or silverware and an empty plate) S.O,S. Season Of Service (or) Let’s answer their S.O.S.
- (pic of trophy made from cans and spoons) Winning the Fight against Hunger! (or) (trophy with cape) Thanks for being a SOUPer Hero! (or) Be someone’s SOUPer Hero!
- CHRIST CENTERED IDEAS - (picture of Christ reaching out to heal someone with or without a pic of volunteers with their hands together in the center) Redefining the word HAND OUT, let’s give as Jesus gave! (or) (Containers of Seasonings and maybe red/green background or glitter, etc) JESUS is the Reason for the SEASON (or) (some sort of food spelling stop hunger and a scripture talking about giving, serving, feeding (the 5000?), pic of loaves & fishes?, etc.) …FEAST on the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do. – 2 Nephi 32:3